[pro] Re: Receiving System Mail

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Sat Jan 31 17:45:22 CET 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> Well, I had crontab firing away, and I tried just about every recipe
> that I could think of.  So, it appears that the problem has absolutely
> nothing to do with procmail....

Suggest you check /etc/aliases, recipient's .forward and so on, for a use
of a FILESPEC as destination instead of an address/user.

Or do you have your MTA configured to use one 'local delivery agent' for
mail coming in through the SMTP interface, but another program for mail
from local sources? Try sending a mail directly to root yourself, and see
where it goes?

- Charles