Receiving System Mail

Rem P Roberti remegius at
Fri Jan 30 23:48:16 CET 2009

On 2009.01.30 22:36:39 +0000, Alan Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> >:0:
> >* ^TO_.*root
> >$HOME/Mail/system/
> >
> >I have tried a couple of other recipes to no avail.  It is almost as
> >though procmail is not seeing the output of crontab, and so can't act.
> >BTW, I have made sure that the correct entry was placed in /etc/aliases
> >so that root's mail is forwarded to user.
> >
> What do you see in the verbose procmail log as the message passes the
> recipe?

Good question!  When I looked at the log I found absolutely no entry
that indicates that any message passed the recipe.  The log was pretty
lengthy, and I looked for times that would correspond to times existing
in crontab.  I'll clear the log before I go to bed tonight and try that
again.  But at this point it looks as though procmail isn't seeing any
system mail.