Get domain and tld ?

Professional Software Engineering PSE-L at
Mon Jan 26 00:28:24 CET 2009

At 23:12 2009-01-25 +0100, Dallman Ross wrote:
>        ^^expression^^
>is close in meaning to
>          ^expression$
>and the two can often be interchanged.  I noticed Sean used the latter form
>in his contribution to your thread yesterday.

Actually, because I wanted the regexps (particularly the initial match) to
be equally applicable to matching a header as a previously defined
variable, with little modification.  line begin and end anchors are more
widely recognized.  When I match for variable contents (such as for the
value of LISTNAME, I generally use the doublecaret notation.

  Procmail disclaimer: <>