Professional Software Engineering PSE-L at
Fri Nov 30 16:11:55 CET 2007

At 13:50 2007-11-30 +0200, Tolga wrote:

Hi.  Considering this is the procmail discussion list, perhaps you could
set the subject line to something meaningful?

>I have Postfix 2.4.3 and procmail 2.0.22 installed.

Really?  Perhaps you mean procmail 3.22 ?

>I use procmail to
>sort out mail to designated folders and I invoke it via mailbox_command =
>/usr/bin/procmail. I have to click on folder names in Thunderbird to be
>able to see mails. Is there a way for mails to show up so I don't have to
>click on folder names manually? I hope I made myself clear.

Er, sounds like you have a thunderbird use issue.  If postfix is receiving
the messages and invoking procmail, then IT isn't part of your issue, and
if procmail is filtering and storing the messages into the appropriate
mailboxes, then it isn't malfunctioning.  There _may_ be some program that
is not part of the procmail package which you can invoke from procmail to
"tickle" your MUA, but frankly, I know of no MUAs that automatically open
up mailboxes other than your system mailbox.

  Procmail disclaimer: <>