How to include an on the fly autogenerated file in procmailrc

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at
Sun Nov 11 00:36:50 CET 2007

Hi to all,
this is my first post here.

Here it is my problem: I see that there is the possibility to include
a procmailrc inside another. Would be possible to include a file
autogenerated on the fly, for example using some script, something
like the:
source "script args|"

feature of mutt?

This is because I would like to define a script which reads from a
file the list of the subscribed mailing lists, then automatically
generates the corresponding boiler plate snippet for procmailrc, (then
I could eventually refine settings in the rest of the procmailrc
manually edited file).

The alternative to the automatic generation is to manually run the
script every time a new entry in the subscribed mailinglist list is
changed, but I would like to avoid this step.

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards.
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see