forwarding mail

Dallman Ross dman at
Fri Nov 9 19:40:12 CET 2007

Rene Borchers wrote Friday, November 09, 2007 5:44 PM:

> [$SENDMAIL] value is /bin/mail and not /usr/sbin/sendmail. My hunch was
> right, but I don't have an idea howto fix it. Is it a compile time
> option or can I adjust in /etc/procmailrc ?

Take your pick.

  SENDMAIL = /usr/sbin/sendmail

at the top of the /etc/procmailrc ought to be fine.

But your users who might be invoking procmail with the -m option
or maybe even simply on the command line (not sure; don't feel
like testing right now) won't have /etc/procmailrc run.  So
you ought to fix it in the makefile and recompile.

(Or soft-link /bin/mail to /usr/sbin/sendmail, but I wouldn't
really recommend that.)