stuff getting through my spam filter

Alan Clifford lists at
Sat Sep 9 10:37:26 CEST 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:

LV> 06Sep2006 @ 20:47 Alan Clifford thusly spake
LV> > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
LV> >
LV> > LV> Hi All.
LV> > LV>
LV> > LV> I'm sure some of you have probably been hit by this.
LV> > LV> I have a spam filter (popfile) that tags spam with 'Subject: [Spam]'
LV> > LV>
LV> > LV> Recently some clever hackers have sent me emails that procmail puts in
LV> > LV> my Inbox despite them having that header.
LV> >
LV> > Don't ascribe magical powers to senders of junk.  What is the procmail
LV> > recipe that you think should be picking up that header?  Why isn't it
LV> > working?  Show it to us, together with a copy of the header as procmail
LV> > sees it.
LV> OK. Below I have ((1)the text as displayed in my browser when accessing through popfile, (2) the text as it is raw in the mbox file, (3) the text as it shows in my mail client (mutt))
LV> These emails keep appearing in my Inbox despite being labelled as spam by popfile.
LV> Why would that be?
LV> Thanks for any help.

What about the procmail recipe that's not working where you are attempting
to filter the changed header?  Without that, it is impossible to comment.

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )